Tile Roofing is a two-part roof system:
and The tile.
Part 1 is the underlayment that is installed over the wood decking. The underlayment is felt or roofing paper whose main job is to keep out the moisture. High quality felt must meet ASTM standards for it to keep the roof dry for many years properly.
Part 2 of this system is the tile. Tile roofs have long-term durability, offer fire, hail and wind resistance, and have a wide variety of color and style options that help the curb appeal of your home. Some tile roofs meet the LEED and energy star requirements and are easy to install when you use a trained roofing professional, and they last a very long time.
When both of these parts are correctly installed, you have a roofing system that works together to shed water off your roof. When properly maintained this two-part roofing system could last over 100 years. In the past, substandard underlayment was used, and in some cases, installation procedures were not clearly defined, so the systems are failing at 20 to 30 years. The best way to repair a tile roof system is to do a lift and relay.
What is a lift and relay?
A lift and relay is when a properly trained and licensed roofer lifts the tile and removes the underlayment. A thorough inspection of the wood deck is completed, and then a new high-quality underlayment is relayed onto the wood decking. Once the underlayment is replaced, the tile is reinstalled correctly.
Why do a lift and relay?
As stated above, tile is sustainable which means it can and should be reused. Your home’s original beauty can be maintained, and by reusing the tile you keep it out of the landfill. The cost of a lift and relay is also much less than a reroof.
Why use Go Roof Tune Up for your lift and relay?
- The Tile Roofing Industry Alliance certifies Go Roof Tune Up™
- Go Roof Tune Up™ installers are required to stay up to date with continuing Tile roofing education
- Go Roof Tune Up™ adheres to the strictest standards as provided by TRI, not just local codes
- Go Roof Tune Up™ only uses an underlayment that is manufactured to strict ASTM standards and are UL Inspected
- Go Roof Tune Up™ standard 5-year limited warranty is extended by the Fontana Vulca Seal 20 yr. performance warranty
Contact Us For More Information